Last updated on March 12, 2021.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT?
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect, use and store the following personal data from you:
Personal data: Certain features of the Site may request you to voluntarily provide to us personal data including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality and Identity Card or passport number.
When you use the services of the Site (“Services”), we may collect your personal data which has obtained your prior authorization or through submission by yourself and by the mean of relevant log as generated during your use of the services, etc.
While the supply of your personal data is voluntary, if you do not provide to us your personal data as required or if the personal data you provided is not sufficient or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide the service you request (such as a product enquiry) or arrange other relevant service for you.
HOW WE USE AND PROTECT YOUR DATA?
In order to provide you with high quality, convenient and safe services, we may use the personal information that we collect from you for the following purpose in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) under the laws of Hong Kong:
- to provide you with products and services.
- to satisfy your personal needs.
- to provide you with products and services that are relevant to you. For example, providing you with services having features that you may be interested.
- to process of your enquiries.
- to collect statistical information, perform analysis and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- to conduct surveys relating to our customers, products or services.
- to evaluate, further enhance and conduct research and development of our products and services.
- with your separate consent, to carry out market research and direct marketing promotions for our products and services.
- to protect the rights of person and of property of you or other users or the public from being infringed, and better prevent cybersecurity threats such as phishing websites, fraud, network vulnerabilities, computer viruses, network attacks, network intrusions, etc.
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
We establish strict management system and process and use various security technologies to safeguard your personal data. However, due to technical limitations and possible malicious means, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal data on the internet. You understand that the system and communication network you use to access our services may cause problems due to factors beyond our control.
We shall not disclose your personal data to any other third parties, except as permitted or requested by law and/or for the following purpose:
- to provide products and services as required by the Site, including but not limited to placement of orders of products and services, arrangement of payments and for delivery etc.
- to, subject to your separate consent, use your personal data for carrying our market research and direct marketing activities for goods and services in relating to us, our subsidiaries and affiliated companies via direct marketing telephone calls, e-message, e-mail, facsimile, direct mailings etc.
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations or the order of a competent court;
- otherwise to protect our rights, property, security or safety as permitted by law and regulation.
In relation to the aforesaid purposes, we may disclose and transfer your personal data to other third party, including but not limited our agents, contractors, any third party service providers, banks, financial institutions, our professional advisers, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us to use.
DATA ACCESS AND CONTACT DETAILS
You have the right to inquire on, request access to, deletion of, make a copy of and request correction and/or change any of your own personal data held by us by sending an e-mail the below:
DETERMINANT (HONG KONG) LIMITED
Note: Please mark in the subject section of your e-mail:
“Matters related to personal data”
If you have any questions or suggestions, please also contact us as above.